Friday, October 28, 2011

Chemo 10...getting to the end!

Hit play and continue to enjoy while reading this super awesome blog!!  Also check out those fancy foot moves in the beginning!
HEEEEEY!  So I got super awesome news from my scan…there is NO SIGN OF CANCER!!!  Holy cow, what amazing news.  Dr. Raj showed me my scans from June (which I hadn’t seen before) and my lungs were lit up like a runway.  Now they are completely clear!!  The Doc was pretty impressed it seemed, since there was so much disease and for the chemo to have worked as well as it did.  Yay!
This should be a good sign that I won’t have to do radiation, but that will still be determined at the end of the chemo and by the radiation doctors.  After meeting with the Dr. I went to my chair for chemo 9 and just this past week finished up chemo 10!  Only 2 more to go!  And not a moment too soon.  I am still getting my acupuncture, which is treating all manner of side effects, but I have been getting nauseous and actually sick more these past 2 cycles.  Not fun.  But they give me pills for that too…Compazine, Ativan and Zofran and those do help.  Can’t wait to get back to a normal life…and start taking off these extra 10 pounds I’ve packed on!  BLECH!
Photo by: Bruce Bean
For chemo 10, my brother Kirk took me, which was really nice to get to hang out with him.  He’s been so busy, what with owning his ice cream shop and everything (shameless family promotion on here…gotta love it).
  So just have been resting up at home and waiting out these last 2 treatments.
Thanks for sticking through all this with me.  I meet the Dr. again before Chemo 11.  I'll let you know what's up =)  Eventually, I promise!!
xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am sooooooooo happy to hear your good news!!!

    By the way, I totally didn't realize your family owned Custard's! We went there over the summer for one of our blog Achievements: http://www.101achievementsblog.com/2011/08/55-ice-cream-at-custards.html

    You should totally get all the ice cream in the world to celebrate this awesome update!!!

    ReplyDelete